Anillas de Calamares en salsa de Tomate con Vino (Squid in Tomato and Wine sauce )
- 1 kilo of squid rings
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 400gr tin of crushed tomatoes
- small glass of dry white wine
- chopped fresh herbs ( basil, parsley)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wash squid rings and remove any plasticky tendrils it may have. Put oil in pan and heat, add onions and garlic. Fry gently for two minutes.
Add squid rings to the pan, turn up heat slightly and cook for a few minutes. Pour in the glass of wine, allow the alcohol to evaporate and follow by adding the tin of tomatoes and herbs.
Cook for twenty minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with vegetables and potatoes of choice or with rice.