Rape a la Marinera (Monkfish mariner style)
- 4 monkfish steaks around 200g each
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of blanched almonds
- 3 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 dried red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- small bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1 slice of lightly toasted white bread
- 125ml white wine
- 250ml fish stock
- 4 langoustines (boiled)
Preheat the oven to 175C. Rinse the fish steaks and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and leave to absorb the flavour. Heat the olive oil. Toss the fish steaks in flour to coat and then brown them on both side in the oil. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
Sweat the onion in the remaining oil until transparent. Add the almonds, garlic and chilli and fry. Stir in the parsley and bread. Pour on the white wine and bring to the boil. Blend to a puree in a food processor or similar. Add the fish stock and quickly reheat to a boiling point. Pour this sauce over the fish steaks and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
Arrange the fish steaks on a warmed platter to serve with the sauce and the boiled langoustines.
White wine is the perfect accompaniment for this dish.
Return to see more Spanish Food Recipes