- 875g lean boneless lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika (pimenton dulce)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 100ml vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- finely grated lemon rind, to garnish
Season the lamb to taste with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning frequently, for 6-8 minutes until browned all over.
Transfer to a heavy-based flameproof casserole and add the garlic, onions, pimenton, lemon juice, parsley and stock. Cover tightly and simmer gently over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until the lamb is tender.
Serve immediately, garnished with finely chopped parsley and grated lemon rind.